Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Getting back on track....

John Lennon once said: "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."  And has life been happening to me lately!  In the space of about a month, all my technology went wonky - Bluetooth broken, camera doing odd things with my pictures, GPS died, computer power supply fried (with THREE hard drives failing to back up the info before this happened).  I felt like a little black cloud was following me - and it was electrically charged.


Well, now that I finally have a pc again, I find that I've lost my groove.  The Top Gear drive I was experiencing pre-crash is gone.  I used to get up and get on the pc first thing.  Breakfast was an afterthought.  I'd stay up until 3 or 4am.  I lived in a perpetual state of dehydration with dark circles under my eyes.

Now I'll  admit this tack wasn't very healthy, jangled my nerves, and tended to make me want to kick the person in front of me who had 11 items on the "10 items or less" line at Shoprite.  But my new groove - sleeping in and getting distracted by every little time-sink the internet offers - is very unproductive.

Well, I'm still getting used to Windows 8.1.  Yeah.  That's it.  It's the new OS.  I'll be back to slave driving myself and being obsessive about my characters again in no time.  Once I stop playing the free sessions of X box games.


No comments: