Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Computer from Mars....

Yesterday I finally decided on a computer.  I had been procrastinating because (see previous post) what I DESIRED (a loaded piece of hardware) and what I could afford had about as much affinity as Exxon and the environment.  Still, I found a compromise and wound up with something ...ummm...sufficient.

Finally, I write to you from the hallowed plastic of my own piece of machinery.  I feel like I've been wandering in the wasteland and have finally arrived home.  Does anyone else feel this way about their computer?  When I was borrowing my son's PC I felt like I was on foreign soil (and not only because of the two dancing bikinied ladies that popped up on the desktop).  The OS on his machine was exactly the same, the browser I use was there, but I was on another planet.  Where are MY desktop icons?  MY favorite pages?  Suddenly I'm Tom Sawyer playing a part in A Princess of Mars.  It's still a book but the story is very different.

And so, with holidays behind, the computer issue solved, and an upcoming procedure on my knee that is going to lay me up for awhile, I'm finally going to be able to get back to writing.  On my own turf.  In my own fantasy world.

Very glad to be home again.





No comments: