Monday, June 8, 2015

Traveling with Khal Drogo...

A few weeks ago my son asked me what I'd like for my trip to Kauai.  I jokingly requested a companion: "I'd like you to get me Khal Drogo.  I love those husky, tattooed Samoan guys."

Ok, for the three of you who do NOT watch Game of Thrones, Khal Drogo is the chieftain of a desert tribe called the Dothraki.   He's played by Jason Momoa, a young, half-Hawaiian actor who is just as yummy as any chocolate-covered macadamia nut you might find in these islands.   Here he is as Conan the Barbarian.

Jason Momoa as Conan, making an angry face?  Honestly, were you looking at his face?
Here is Jason as Khal Drogo.  He's really got that angry look down.

Still not looking at his face.
 So my son, being the loving geek that he is, went out and bought me this:


 One of Khal Drogo's swords was damaged in a great battle with the TSA as they searched through this dangerous retired teacher's luggage for God-knows-what.  (I suppose some of my undies might be classified as dangerous, but not to national security.)

Sorry.  Maybe that was TMI.

At any rate, Khal and I have arrived in beautiful Kauai and I will be photographing us on some of our adventures.  Hope you'll be following me for more travel pics and tales!









No comments: