Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snowed in and under....

***
I have not yet gotten back on track since my trip to Dublin. First I had to reconstruct my home from my son's 21st birthday party with the guys. Then, when the floors were mopped and the beer was moved off of the refrigerator shelves so that I could once again store less necessary things like milk and eggs, there was a family emergency. My 88 year old auntie had to be taken (almost forcibly) to the hospital. Once we got her there, she made a point of reminding everyone that it was her FIRST time in the hospital ever. She was loathe to break her record but I called her doctor and, when he heard of the condition of her leg, he directed her to the emergency room for admission...stat!


First crisis of the week averted and auntie nestled snugly in her bed (at 3 am!), I decided that facing 127 teenagers on 2 hours of sleep was beyond even my superpowers so I called in sick. Good thing. A half hour fire drill in the freezing cold because of a smoke bomb set off two doors down from my classroom would NOT have improved my mood!


Friday was a blur and today I had to catch up on all the details that I neglected during this tough week. It's 1 am and I'm finally done with bills, e mail, the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...

BRANDY IS WAITING FOR ME!

No comments: